Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Eat Well: Baby Steps





For fear of an all-out revolt, I have decided to slooowly integrate new, healthy foods into my family menu. For now, I am the health food guinea pig. I am on the lookout for good, healthy recipes in the vegan/natural and/or vegetarian food areas. I don't have any plans right now to go fully vegan or vegetarian but I do see the benefits after some research.

Here is a list of some the ingredients that I have purchased recently to try:

Barley
Whole Wheat Flour
Couscous
Whole grain rice
Tofu
Flax Seed
Chia Seeds
Nori sheets

I am also going to experiment with some new things from the produce department. Over the weekend I bought my first eggplant and some fresh ginger. Now I just have to figure out what to do with them. Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Lots of good couscous recipes on Food Network! I've tried a few! DE-LISH <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You have an favorites? I have yet to eat an couscous but I see it Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals all the time.

    ReplyDelete