I just happened to have both oranges and cloves on hand so I figured I would give it a try:
|Very Basic Ingredients|
|You just stick them in there!|
A few things to note:
- It took about 1/4 cup of cloves to do this one.
- You can do this with lemons, limes, or apples.
- The cloves can be a little sharp! Protect your fingers with a little peice of cloth or a glove.
- You are supposed to put this in a cool, dry place for 4-6 weeks to dry it out, at which point you would hang it in a closet or cabinet. My little pomander is already strung up on some dental floss and hanging in my bathroom as I write this. I will probably try to make a few more and dry them out properly but I was too excited to see how this would work.
- Breathing in the scent of the cloves for the amount of time it took to do this got to be a little overwhelming. If you are sensitive to smells you should make sure you do this in a well venilated area.