Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Journey to Appreciation



I have read that one of the first steps to a more peaceful life is to learn to appreciate what you have. Even if you don't have much. 

I am a big reader, my favorite genre is spirituality. I really feel like I can have a better life when I'm reading these books (and I've read many). The only problem with this is that I generally only have time to read at night when the kids go to sleep. So I'm feeling very peaceful and spiritual for about an hour or so and then its over until the next evening.

So I am making a commitment to start incorporating some spiritual practices into my everyday life. And I'm starting with Appreciation. My plan is to start actively appreciating everything in my life, beginning with my home. I hope you'll join me as I begin by appreciating my couch. Yes, I said I am going to appreciate my couch. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Great practice! I'm still working on gratitude as well, it can be daunting but once you reprogram yourself to see all the things we have to be grateful for, it gets easier. And by recognizing what we have to be grateful for we easily find so much more :D

    Thanks for sharing & I wish you luck as you work towards being more grateful! The couch is a great place to start, I appreciate it every day when I'm reading :)

    This is a great blog, I'm *grateful* that I've found it. Am now following via Networked Blogs!

    Micheline @ Holistic Chick

    ReplyDelete