Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Little Cheeks. Little Teeth. Everything Around Me is Little. Little Girls.

There is not one clothed baby doll or barbie doll in this house. 


Censored Babies. Unclothes Barbies.

I wash more barbie and baby doll clothes 

than I do my daughters' actual clothing.



Is anyone else out there raising girls? 

The laundry is excessively multiplied by their need to change clothes twelve times per day. 

One loves her "pretty dresses". A nightgown is also considered a "pretty dress". She will take off what I've dressed her in and wear her nightgown all day. 

This leads some visitors to believe that I don't dress my kids. 

Add to that the fact that she screams her head off if I go near her with a brush and the public view of my parenting skills is complete. 

Except to other moms who seem to silently understand.

Naked barbies, naked baby dolls, and little girls that look like their momma don't know how to dress them.

Tea parties, cooking with dirt, and a personal hair stylist (ouch!)

Hide your makeup and your perfume and God forbid if you leave some nail polish laying around.

This is what its like raising little girls.

Wouldn't change it if I could. But I would most definitely get a maid.

"Little cheeks
Little teeth
Everything around me is little
Some day I'll land in the nut house
With all the nuts and the squirrels
There I'll stay
Until the prohibition of
Little girls."









4 comments:

  1. I remember these days with my daughter. She loved taking the clothes off of all her dolls. Now that she is older, I have to admit that I miss it. I have two boys and things are a bit different with them. :)

    Having kids automatically increases your laundry even if they don't change their clothes 20 times per day. Somehow I always seemed to rewash stuff no matter if it was clean or dirty. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete