Friday, April 12, 2013

Live Well Tip Number 2: Give Back


Living a better life means different things to different people. To me it means feeling good about what I do, what I say, how I act, and the way I treat the world. I've made small changes in my life that are really starting to add up and they each make me feel a little better about how I'm living. 


I believe that taking small steps is the way to go for me and to prove it, I'll be putting together a list of tips that I've implemented so far. 

Live Well Tip Number 2

Give Back


Giving to others is an easy way to live a better life. And it feels great! Anyone can look around their lives and see something that needs doing, something that could help someone else. It doesn't have to be anything big and you shouldn't sacrifice to do it. Here are just a few ways that you can help others while helping yourself.

    Live Well Tip Number 2 - Do small things for others that make a difference
  • Smile at a Stranger
  • Ask someone about their day and be interested in their response
  • Instead of throwing out those outgrown clothes, donate them!
  • Give to a worthy charity if you are able.
  • Do a Random Act of Kindness (and don't tell!)
  • Hold a door for someone
  • Donate Blood
  • Invite someone over for dinner
  • Volunteer your time somewhere its needed


It really doesn't take much to turn someone's day around. Simple things are what matters and are usually what are appreciated the most. I recommend that you don't sacrifice in order to give to others because if you are sacrificing, or giving something you don't have, its harder to do so with an open heart. 

You don't need money to make a difference, only a little time and a willing heart. So when you get a chance, take a moment and think to yourself: What can I do for someone else today?

No comments:

Post a Comment