Friday, March 29, 2013

A Collection of Letters From Moms and To Moms

I've often thought about consulting a family counselor regarding my inability to relate in some ways to my children. But I worry about the trend of so many doctors and therapists pointing both parents and children toward prescription medications as a cure-all for everything. I realized that I just want someone to talk to who has had similar experience. I did a little internet search and lo-and-behold, I'm not alone. I found these beautiful letters out on the internet and they got me thinking. Maybe the best therapy is an open ear.



This letter talks about what it means to have the "good life". How we so often try to make up for our shortcomings by trying to provide things to our children.
"I love you dearly. As a parent, I want “to give you a good life”. But you may need me to define what I mean by that. A good life doesn’t necessarily include lots of material things. It may, it can, but things don’t define a good life."
Karla at Madame deals takes some time to write a letter to her children on Valentine's Day.
"My little girl is gone; tucked away in the memories of my heart. You, my big girl have grown into an amazing young woman who will leave your teen years in a few short months. You continues to grow, mature and cultivate your own life story and your own love story; one that only you can write. I look forward to watching your story unfold and am more than proud of the person you have become."

A mother's touching letter to her children after the Sandy Hook tragedy.
"I suppose that you’re wondering what it is that is going on in this great big crazy world. And, as with all things, you’re probably looking to me to provide you answers, insight… perhaps, even a little light. But the truth is, it’s not always easy being a parent and finding always just the very right thing to say."

from Hip Mum
A letter from a mother to her kids with advice on life and happiness.
"Know that many people will cross your path in life. Some will hurt you, betray you and some will confuse you.  Not all people are meant to stay in your life forever. They will however, all have a purpose. Be grateful for the lesson and don’t stick around."

at FIMBY
A heart warming letter from a mom to moms of young children offering encouragement.
"We tried crying it out but I just couldn't do it. In the end I surrendered and by the time Brienne was born I was one of those quasi-attachment type mothers. I say quasi because I don't like labels and I also did things different from typical attachment philosophy. We found our own way."

The title says it all for this one.
"I'm also sorry for wondering why you always, well, looked a little disheveled. Not put-together like you did before you had kids. And I'm not just talking about the baby weight (even though, at the time, the moms I knew best were Kate Hudson and Natalie Portman, and they lost the weight quickly)."

What better therapy is there than this? I may be doing my own letter soon. Have you ever written an open letter to anyone online? Did it help?

1 comment:

  1. If you ever invest in a imitation Ticket or perhaps low-priced on a daily basis look at in that case not surprisingly it does not have cartier replica sale the additional value, continue to keep it has the appears to be like or even just continue as long. Having said that, if you ever get a real creator look at, whether it be Ticket, Armani, Cartier, Gucci, Breitling, Rolex and also Weather different watches to call nonetheless one or two, it will never depreciate to the superb amount plus omega replica sale if you ever continue to keep them to get 31 ages if not more it will essentially maximize around cost. Checking out Ticket Heuer mainly, this is usually a Europe enterprise based around 1860 who definitely have made its track record to the level of quality plus correctness time types. Ticket could be the personal choice of lots of physical activities both males and females and get ended up involving replica chanel a Olympic Activities plus Blueprint A person Community Competition such as. By way of example, Lewis Hamilton appeared to be dressed in your Ticket Heuer distinctive Singapore reduced variation of your innovative Carrera California. 06 DD Chronograph if your dog breezed so that you can wining while in the 2010 Singapore Huge Prix around Sept 2010. Ticket ended up being as well the state time frame keeper for any Indy 500 around 2004. These results are usually not that they are sneezed during and get ended in Ticket remaining known as your designer with iconic plus highly accurate swiss wrist watches! A Ticket Aqua vary such as would not are available low-priced during all over 500 excess fat sterling and also, to make sure they unquestionably end up being fine.

    ReplyDelete